‘I never knew Grandad was there when the Berlin Wall came down.'
‘Reading Mum’s memoir was incredibly healing, I finally felt I understood her.’
‘I desperately wanted Dad to write his memoir but we didn’t know where to start. This was the answer.’
'I wanted to share my story on my own terms.'
Memoirs aren’t just for politicians, celebrities or sports stars. Everyone has a story that is worthy of being preserved and passed down to future generations.
The Telegram Society is a talented team of oral historians, storytellers and designers.
We work with individuals and families to create bespoke memoirs, capturing the precious moments that make a life.
Who we work with
We understand that people consider writing their memoirs at different stages of life.
Whether it's documenting a long life well-lived, a chronicle of the ups and downs of adoption, or a deep dive into your business journey, memoirs honour our experiences and safeguard them for those that come after us.
We are experienced in working with people in palliative care, those with specific health conditions such as cancer or dementia, and we also work with translators.
Your story, and your family's story, is safe with us.
Our Journey to you
Each adoption story is unique and complex. We work with you to share your journey through the adoption process, saving your story for your lovely little one.
This is ME
Share your story now! Whether it's your fertility journey, a special love story, or war service, you don't have to wait until your final years to write a memoir.
The Journey of a Lifetime
Our most popular packages. We guide you through the entire process, delivering a high-quality memoir for future generations.
A gift for generations
Many of our memoirs are given as precious gifts for loved ones.
If you are looking for something special for a significant birthday or if you are wanting to give a unique and special gift to your loved ones, we have what you're looking for.
- We help you determine which memoir would suit you best, what stories you would like to include and provide photography suggestions.
- Conducted by a highly-trained oral historian who will guide you through the entire interview, ensuring all key moments are included.
Let us do the writing
- Sit back and leave the writing to us. We work with your recollections and experiences, layering memorable anecdotes alongside historic and cultural context. At this stage we will send it to you for review and sign off.
Design & Review
- Our experienced designers thoughtfully pair the manuscript with your photos, creating a unique look that brings your story to life.
Off to print and off to you
- Finally, it's off to the printers. Using high-quality paper and the finest binding, our hardcover books are designed to last for generations to come.